Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Catching up



















Whew, do we have a lot to catch up on. Well, the Brackens have moved. We live in Ohio now in a town called Liberty Township. It is just outside of Cincinnati. It is a suburban town with very nice people and beautiful scenery. So far, we love it here. We live in a great home in a wonderful neighborhood. There is plenty to do around here. Connor is already enrolled in a preschool here, and he loves it. Coincidentally, his teacher is from Colorado Springs, where we used to live and still have a burden... oh I mean a home for sale there. Connor has also started a gymnastics class at The Little Gym. It is perfect for him. He gets to run, tumble and bounce in a controlled setting! Kendall is starting to walk. She is 10 1/2 months old now. She is really getting her own personality now. She still smiles all the time, but she's no push-over. Whenever Connor picks on her or takes a toy away, she either screams at him, or she gives him a good wack! Thata girl!




What brought us here in the first place? Kevin accepted a job as a wrestling coach for a private wrestling club in the area called Prodigy. He will be coaching kids from elementary school to high school. He will also be helping fighters pursuing a career in Ultimate Fighting or Mixed Martial Arts with the wrestling aspect of the sport. This job will include some traveling, but he gets to do what he loves, so that makes it worth it for all of us. I am really happy that he has this opportunity.




As for me, I love it here. I am enjoying making our home our own. I am trying to get out and meet people, and I am happy to be closer to family in Georgia and West Virginia as well as still close to Chicago. We are pretty centrally located, so that is nice.




That's about all for now, I will try to post more often now that my life is settling down.

3 comments:

The Gruenwald Family said...

Steph, I'm so glad everything is going well for you now. The kids are just too cute!

Grandma said...

Hi Stephanie, What a nice surprise to see all the nice pictures and events, even sliding a hill! What a wonderful blog, you have captured so many heartwarming events for Connor & Kendall's future. I wish I had made some notes and pics of my own, with all the happy experiences we have had with the kids. Kendall in her swim boat, Connor's dives in our pool,the Zoo's, pony rides, Little Red Schoolhouse, Pinocchio at the theater, my first Star War movie at the show, Firehouse picnic & Christmas party, Grandpa walking the Harbors in Lake Geneva, among Connor's favorites Haunted Trails and Bengston's Farm where he finally got to see the pig races and got a 1st Place ribbon. I can still see Connor tubing, driving the Sea Doo and Fred's boat. We have had so many joys being a part of their early years, and watching Kendall grow before our eyes. We miss all of you very much, but the future of your Family is most important. I'm so happy you are documenting their early years; they will appreciate what wonderful parents they have as they look back. Great Job!
Love........Nancy

Stephanie said...

Thank you for such nice words. I enjoy looking back at the happy moments myself, so there are selfish reasons for all of the picture-taking too. We miss you too. I will try to keep up on my blog to keep you and everyone up to date on all of our adventures here. Feel free to share the link with the rest of the family. They are welcome to visit.

About Me

My photo
The Bracken Family consists of Kevin, Stephanie, Connor, Kendall, and Jack