Saturday, January 10, 2009

OK

Kendall's 1st birthday 12-13-08

A little outside fun

Kendall and Curious George Donna bought for her during a recent visit to Chatt. She loves it! Thanks, Donna!


I have been shamed to writing a few lines. Sorry that I haven't written in so long. Kevin has been out of town, and before that, sick kids and sick me, and before that, Christmas. So, I am taking advantage of Kendall napping and Spongebob Squarepants being on to write a little about what's happening around here. Like I said, Kevin has been out of town. He has gone to Colorado Springs. So, I have the two kids all to myself for a week. It feels like it has already been a week - time is passing very slowly. I can't believe that I have four more days to go. Luckily, the kids have been great. I am really blessed. Kendall is the most content little girl, and Connor, although very... um... bouncy, is just as happy as can be, and both are very loving. We've actually had a very good time.

For example, Connor got in his head that he wanted to have a party on Thursday. I was like, "Whaaaat?" He explained that it would be fun to "have snacks, dance, play games, stuff like that." So, I got out some emergency cake mix, and he helped me make cupcakes. He also helped decorate. Later, he, Kendall, and I danced to random music and theme songs on TV. We ate the cupcakes, and when Kendall went down for her nap, we played UNO. I don't know if that was what he had in mind, but we had a really good time. Good idea Connor!






2 comments:

ErinRagan said...

So good to see you posting again, Steph! I love the new pics... and can't believe Kendall is a year old already!!

I hope the rest of your week as a single mom passes quickly! I still shudder when I think of all the time Nick spent on the road last year and I was alone with my munchkins... it's NO fun, I know!

Stephanie said...

Thanks for the moral support. You know, it's not so bad, but the time is just going by so slowly. We stay so busy, and I have the exhaustion to show for it, but when I start counting how many days are left, I think, "No WAY!"

About Me

My photo
The Bracken Family consists of Kevin, Stephanie, Connor, Kendall, and Jack