Thursday, July 10, 2008

Home Again










I am back home in Chicago. I have actually been home for a few days, but I have been trying to get my life back in some kind of order. I am not saying that Kevin had this place in a complete mess. All I am saying is that he forgot to clean anything for the nearly three weeks I was gone. The floors were covered with everything he had tracked in. The furniture was covered with dust. The bathrooms were untouchable! And I have a new crawler!!! Something had to be done and quickly. So for the past three days, I have been mopping and dusting and scrubbing, all while keeping up with my two cherubs.
I did have a wonderful time at Mom's house. I was able to see my family and a couple of friends. I also got to visit Chattanooga a couple of time, which was nice. It is always nice to go back down south. I get to come home to what is familiar to me. I get to spend time with my family. I get to travel familiar roads. I get to see old and dear friends. Oh, and the best part, eat good ole Southern cookin'! My grandmother is as Connor puts it, "a really good cooker!" Whenever I am in, Granny always treats me to my favorite meal - fried chicken, mashed potatoes (with gravy), peas, and the best biscuits (or as Connor says, "bixits") around. Mmmmm.

Our 4th of July was fun. I went to Chattanooga with Connor, Mom, and my uncle, Ed. That was actually on the 3rd. While we where there, we listened to the Chattanooga symphony play a variety of patriotic songs, Connor played in the sprinkler park there, and we topped off the night watching a spectacular fireworks display. On the 4th, Marvin spent hours making the best barbeque I have in my life. He's from Memphis, so he knows his barbeque. Granny and Papa and Ed joined us for dinner - so good to spend a holiday with my family. After dinner, we went outside for some games. Marvin, Ed, Granny, Mom, and I played bean bags, and Connor, Ed, and Mom had a little batting practice. I was really surprised at how well Connor could hit the ball - Ed, and Mom, you did a good job too.
I had to take off back home the next day, but what a perfect ending to a memorable trip.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
The Bracken Family consists of Kevin, Stephanie, Connor, Kendall, and Jack