Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Lane 60th Anniversary




I have been travelling lately, so that is why I haven't posted. I drove, yes, drove, to Chattanooga with the two kids (12 hours). I did the trip in two days, so that made it easier. I arrived at Mom's house on a Thursday afternoon. We rested for a whopping 18 hours before getting in the car again and heading for West Virginia. My grandparents were celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary on Saturday, so we drove to Daddy's house that Friday evening. The kids were real troopers.




We all had a wonderful time at the anniversary party. They had a cookout at a local park. The weather cooperated, and we had a great day for an outside party. Connor really liked the facility. There were woods all around and a lake to the side. He was beside himself. There was lots of running and leaf-throwing and rock skipping to be done. In the meantime, Kendall enjoyed meeting her relatives for the first time. She enjoyed constant attention. I enjoyed seeing everyone again. I hadn't seen some for 10 years probably. So, that was nice. The food was delicious, and the cake was awesome! I have been trying to lose this baby weight, so it was very hard to be a good dieter under these circumstances!




It sure was nice to be able to help celebrate a marriage that has lasted for 60 years. Only 54 more years to go for Kevin and me!

2 comments:

The Gruenwald Family said...

Steph, It was so nice to click on my blog and see your post. I'm so glad you got to visit family. The other night Jim and I were talking about people who were married for 40-plus years and we think we're so cool for being married eleven. Yeah, we have a ways to go. Have you heard anything about your house in Colorado Springs?

Granny aka Memaw said...

So glad to have another blogging granddaughter -- that makes THREE (You know how happy THAT number -- MY FAVORITE -- makes your Granny!). . . SO good to have you and yours visiting the old folks in Georgia!

About Me

My photo
The Bracken Family consists of Kevin, Stephanie, Connor, Kendall, and Jack